Search This Blog

Friday, October 28, 2011

The hiatus is over

I'm back, finally. I've ignored the blog for the last two weeks (as if you don't know that already) due to Midterms. Plus a project meeting with my graduate committee.  It's been a rough last couple of weeks, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I'll go ahead and schedule another two-week hiatus at the beginning of December. Finals and all, you know. Consider yourself warned.

Summarizing the last two weeks in a sentence is pretty easy. I am still pain free, even without the birth control pills. It's wonderful. I've learned that I can eat a little soy (trace amounts, think barbecue sauce or a hotdog bun) without pain. As long it's only one meal and I am careful to avoid soy the next few days, I'm just fine.

That's good to know, because as I've said before - there will be times in the future when I cannot avoid it. There are plenty of conference and trade show boxed lunches in my future, I'm afraid. But at least I know how to eat and not hurt. It's pretty amazing.