Search This Blog

Monday, October 10, 2011

Marinade Escapade

Most ready to use marinades are full of soy, usually in the form of natural flavors and/or xanthan gum. Not a huge issue since Brint prefers to make his own marinades and rubs, except when it comes to pork. And I was very happy to learn that our go-to pork marinade is sans soy.

Here's the ingredients list:

Very nice. We've never tried it on poultry but I'm sure it would be good. We threw in some golf ball peas (I've called them this since childhood, and probably always will) along with mac and cheese:

Very yummy.

And a pain update: since I've dropped the pill (3 nights ago), I've had some definite discomfort, usually in the evenings. I've been running to the ibuprofen at the first sign of trouble, so I'm not sure if it's better or worse than before. The discomfort is in conjunction with spotting, so I'm thinking this is just my body's pitiful excuse for a period. We'll see!

I totally expected this, though. I know my body is going to have to re-adjust to the new level of hormones, so I'm going to be patient. And I'll continue to run to the ibuprofen. As long as 2 pills are continuing my normality in lieu of 6, I'm pretty darn happy.