Search This Blog

Friday, November 4, 2011

Matrices and Carnivores


I don't eat enough protein. I never have. I don't do it on purpose, it just happens. So for the last many many months, I've been supplementing my diet with protein shakes. It took me a long, long while to find a protein powder that I liked: Syntrax Matrix. I liked it because it isn't full of sugar (which can be problem with protein powders) and it tastes good.

But alas, it has soy, in the form of soy lecithin. The bane of my existence.

I almost gave up on finding a replacement protein powder, until this week:


Carnivor. It's beef protein; not whey, soy, or egg like most other protein powders. The taste is.... different. If you like dark chocolate (Brint loves it) this is great. But it has a.. dark, almost burned, hint.

I tried to like it, I really did. But based on my recent discovery that I can handle a little soy a few times per week - I'm back on the Matrix. Brint is happily consuming the Carnivor.

But if you have no tolerance for soy and don't want to buy expensive beef collagen gelatin (heavy on protein, used in confections), this could be a pretty good alternative.