Search This Blog

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Another one bites the dust

So remember how cream cheese was the only product that I haven't been able to find sans soy, and I can't make it myself?

Well I found another casualty of my soy war: creamy soups.

As in, cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, cream of celery, cream of fill in the blank.

This is quite unfortunate due to the sheer number of favorite recipes that use these ingredients: chicken spaghetti, southern dressing (and no, it's not anything like stuffing!), my personally invented low-fat alfredo, chicken pot pie, chicken enchiladas....

I'm sure I'll find some alternative recipes for some of the items I listed above. I'm actually trying to find a way to make my own cream of chicken soup, but haven't found any good recipes yet. I already make my own chicken broth (you can't buy any that doesn't have natural flavors added), so I don't mind doing the work.

I'm just sad about the chicken pot pie, and dressing. I think I'll probably still make dressing this year for Thanksgiving, but I'll only have a little.

Such is life. Oh, and I'm still pain free. So there's that...